Parrots behaving badly to make you laugh

Birds behaving badly ... because they can and because we laugh when they do it!


Saturday, June 19, 2010

Temper tantrums

So lately all the stresses in my life have been piling up and leading me to feel like I just need one good temper tantrum. And this got me thinking... who do I know that throws the best temper tantrums. Well that would without a doubt have to be Johnny bird. Johnny can throw down a tantrum better than most toddlers out there. As a matter of fact it is the sole reason why his previous owners gave him up for adoption. Now I understand that some people might not be able to deal with a screaming parrot or toddler. I will be the first to admit that it feels really good to yell and scream and let yourself be angry to be angry when you really need to. Normally I will let Johnny, or any of my other birds, pitch a fit when they feel the need to. Why? Well because it is healthy. Sometimes we do it to let off stress. Other times it is necessary to let ourselves and others know that something with us is wrong. (This is especially important for our feathered friends don't always speak our language.) Then again there are times when you just want to make noise to make noise. My birds have taught me that it is okay to let emotions out. I let them do it and they return the favor when I need to as well. And sometimes we will all just have a spontaneous noise making session for the shear joy of it... much to our neighbors dismay. So I vent and I let my birds vent. It's good. And when everyone is done we are more relaxed and able to move on to the stuff that makes us happy again. Like dancing to jazz on NPR or having a bird party in the living room or throwing peanuts at the dogs... you know everyday bird stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment