Parrots behaving badly to make you laugh

Birds behaving badly ... because they can and because we laugh when they do it!


Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My finches

These are just two out of my three society finches. They are pretty quiet and go about doing their own thing. I decided that I wanted to try keeping other types of birds last summer and these little guys are really no trouble at all in comparison to the rest of the flock. Generally they make pretty little chirping noises early in the morning that reminds me of summer cricket songs. Other than that they don't do much else. The other birds don't seem to mind them being around either. Bert especially seems to like them since his cage is next to theirs. Some days I hear him in there mimicking their chirps and then trying to teach them to talk. It is pretty funny because he will get frustrated after awhile and start bad mouthing them. I don't know which ones are male and female, but I know I have at least one of each because back in May one of the brown and white ones decided to lay a bunch of eggs!


Here is a picture of one of the tiny little things. I was so excited when this happend, but being the inexperienced finch keeper that I am I didn't realized until too late that I didn't have a big enough nest box in there for them. They ended up kicking most of the eggs out of the nest and then crushing the last two. Now that I have done some more research I know what size box to get and I am hoping to have another go at it. Who knows how many of these little guys I will end up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment